Policies and Disclaimers
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Outdoor Design does NOT accept returns of any kind. We are not responsible for neglected material once it leaves the nursery.
|WATERING INSTRUCTIONS AND PLANT WARRANTY|
Thank you for trusting Outdoor Design & Living with your landscaping needs! We appreciate your business.
Watering Instructions for Trees, Shrubs and Plants: Now that our green friends have been expertly planted, proper watering is the most important thing that can be done to ensure the survival and growth of your new landscaping. Here are some watering guidelines to follow:
- Hose: It’s better to water a plant slowly and deeply rather than dousing it with a quick flush which may only penetrate the surface soil. Place a hose with a trickle of water coming out of it near the base of each plant for between 2-20 minutes. A one-gallon perennial will require a few minutes of water while a tree that came with a burlap-bound root ball will need more. Repeat 2-3 times a week.
- Sprinklers: An overhead sprinkler is NOT the best way to water your plants as a lot of the water never reaches the soil! If you must use a sprinkler, please note that it might need to be left on for an hour or more and should not be run during the hottest part of the day, as this can cause fungus growth and foliage burning. Repeat 2-3 times a week.
- Automatic Irrigation: A drip-irrigation system is often the easiest and most carefree way to water your plants. Timers should be set to water each section for 20-30 minutes, 3-4 times a week. Keep an eye on how your plants are doing to see if you need to adjust the times.
Watering Instructions for Lawns: Newly installed lawns (seed or sod) should be watered daily, preferably in the early morning. After having your sprinkler or hose on for a while, check to see if you’ve watered enough. For sod lawns, roll back a corner of a piece and have a look at the soil. If it is not wet, continue watering. For seeded lawns, stick your finger in the soil; if it is not wet to a depth of one inch, continue watering. Repeat daily until the sod adheres to the ground and grass has germinated and is two inches tall. Some lawns may need watering twice daily in full-sun areas or during the hottest months of the summer.
Watering Instructions for Transplanted Plant Material: Transplanted trees and shrubs should be deep-root watered daily for the first two weeks and then watered the same as newly installed plants for the remainder of the season.
Watering Instructions for Containers: Please check potted plants daily in warm, dry conditions. Usually when the first inch or so of soil is dry, it’s a good indication that watering is needed. Morning is the best time for watering. Please water the soil at the base, not the top of the plant. In summer, watering outdoor potted plants is necessary DAILY (and even twice a day) especially when temperatures reach over 85°F.
Warranty & Disclaimer: Outdoor Design & Living offers the following warranty & disclaimer on plants installed by our professional crews:
- Trees and shrubs are warrantied for one year from the date of ODL installation provided they are irrigated with an automatic drip system set to an appropriate watering schedule. We do not warranty annuals, perennials, bulbs, ground cover or indoor plants.
- We assume no liability for plants killed or damaged by pests, insect infestation, abnormal weather conditions, including drought conditions or other conditions beyond our control. We will not replace plants experiencing seasonal ‘die-back’ when pruning and proper care will restore them to health.
Customer Signature:________________________________Date Signed:____________________
Please know that once our plants leave our home for yours, we are still invested in their futures! Do not hesitate to call if you have any concerns or questions. We are happy to help. Thank you again for your consideration!