Rhododendron Poukhanense Compacta Korean Azalea
Compact Korean Azalea or Poukhanense Azalea is a hardy, semi-evergreen shrub sought after for its lovely lavender-pink flowers that appear in early spring. It has charming and showy star-shaped flowers, perfect for attracting bees and butterflies. Its deep green foliage grows densely, making it work as a hedge, in borders, or in a mass planting. Compact Korean Azalea thrives in the dappled sunlight of a woodland garden and is cold hardy, and can tolerate high shade.
- The Compact Korean Azalea has dark green foliage in summer, red-purple in fall.
- It's an excellent, spreading habit that forms a dense mat in exposed areas.
- This shrub will lose about 90% of its foliage late fall.
- It will grow best with some protection like on the edge of a wooded area or east side of building.
- You can expect this plant to mature around 3-4' high and wide.
- Easy to manage and blooms are large, showy and have pointed leaves.